Here we go...
Welcome! We have recruited you to join us on our journey into foster care and some day, adoption. I promise this journey will not disappoint. It will be full of laughter, tears, praise, joy, hope, sadness, and sweet memories. We couldn't and wouldn't do it without you. So, thank you, from the bottom of our hearts. This could be YEARS or just a few months, but whatever the length, we want you to stay with us until the end.
We are about 2 or 3 weeks out from officially finishing the liscense process as long as the final few steps are completed without issue. Soon, we will be welcoming a child into our home that is currently going through a major life crisis. It's one of those bittersweet moments that you wish and pray to God would never have to happen, but it will. And we will be here with open hearts to love them through it.
To walk you through what our summer has been like, let me start by saying I have never cried so much in my entire life. I have felt every single emotion known to mankind through this process and I speak for David as well. There were so many nights we sat in bed praying and crying out to God to give us strength. We needed it. Our souls can hardly process the thought that a child could go through such tragic events to lead them into a foster home. Even the most minimal reason, they are still losing mom and dad. And it's truly heart breaking. There was one night that I specifically prayed God would bring us a baby, so that it would be "easier" on us. They would potentially not have such attachment issues yet with their birth parents. It would be easier to also have them attach to us. Then I thought, how silly. We can do this. God will design this path for us however he sees fit, regardless if it's easy or hard. And it's probably going to be hard. We are ready.
We stand in faith. Faith will see us through. I have absolutely no doubts. And we have you. Again, thank you for joining us and stay tuned for many, many updates.
Comments
Post a Comment