Mixed Emotions
As 5 and 6 month birthdays approach for our sweet baby, it feels so surreal that I get to feed her the first baby foods. I get to be the one to document her first reaction. Probably the first time that a "first" has been celebrated for her.
Mixed emotions is something fairly common with foster care. You are so thankful and blessed to be a part of their lives, but also so sad and furious at the circumstances to why they need you in the first place.
I try SO hard to remember to stay positive. We can't dwell on all those nasty negatives. They aren't worth it. She has love and that is something to celebrate.
Her sweet smile is the absolute best thing in the world, and it took several DAYS to get it out of her. If you think infant depression isn't real, I am here to tell you that is most certainly is. Even 4 months in, babies need to attach. It's survival. And when they don't, it affects them so deep down. Heartbreaking.
Pray for her health to continue to improve (it's remarkbly better), pray for my strength especially 4pm and after (as the day goes on I get pretty tired), pray for her mother and father to hopefully one day turn their lives around and seek God, pray for all the foster kids especially local ones and their parents, and pray for God's will be done in her life.
**A HUGE thank you to all the meals, the cards, the donations, the support, the hugs...we are BLOWN away by the community that immediately rallied around us during this transition. I am forever grateful and love you all so much. Having a meal already prepared and delivered just as the day is beginning to get chaotic is an absolute Blessing. Thank you all.**
Comments
Post a Comment