A Mixture of Snow and Rain: Sleet
Sleet. It's that annoying mixture between snow and rain. Sleet is exactly how I would describe my emotions this week. A mixture of all things good and bad. Not quite the snow that we long for and also very close to the wet and cold *boring* rain no one wants.
God warned me that this journey through foster care wouldn't be an easy one. He did supply me with faith though, which is the best tool in my belt. I wouldn't even say this week has been hard, it's just different. I feel sadness and pain for her biological family but then quickly go back to all the happiness we are creating in our home. And then right back to the sadness. It's a puzzle I am desperatly trying to put together and that silly cat keeps knocking it off the table. Given it's Christmas week has the emotional turntable even more alive. I feel so extremely blessed for this chapter in my life, but then right back to worry and anxiety over the future.
Sleet. 1 degree difference between pure white snowy bliss and the boring cold rain.
Comments
Post a Comment