Lunch With Grandma
S and I met with her grandma today for lunch. An approved informal visit where we could have a chance to talk more and it not be at DSS.
When I say God has put grandma in our lives for a reason, believe it. She is a blessing to us. I can feel that she means a lot to us already. I practically begged God for her and a relationship and we got it. Grandma already means so much to me. I can't explain it. Everytime we meet, I learn a little more about the family and about the brokenness that got S to the point she is. But out of brokenness comes love and there is SO much love in her little life.
That's the thing with foster care and even adoption...so much messy and heartbreaking realities but also mixed in so much goodness.
I do continually pray for S's mom and dad and I still hope to talk to them one day. She confirmed my fears; that probably won't ever happen. They are emotionally unattached and live a life on the run. Maybe one day. Keep praying. And pray for her Grandma. May God bless her, she is one amazing woman. I can't wait for more time with her.
Comments
Post a Comment