The timing...

 After sitting in court for what felt like DAYS...our case was continued...there was a legitimate and uncontrollable reason. However,  I decided to make this a positive experience. For some unknown reason, God decided today wasn't the day and maybe another day was better. Maybe it wasn't for our case specifically? God was moving a mountain for someone else? We may never know. Or maybe he was making this journey a little more difficult so that we can truly appreciate the process. I will stick with that. A few more bumps in the roads and we can look back and say "we made it." 

Currently, there is nothing in the way of us adopting her. The termination process has started. There are many steps and grace periods ahead and we should know something soon. I still can't breathe easily. Anything could happen. I will count on your prayers to get us through to the next phase. Of course I would have been overly ecstatic to see a family reunited and formed again, but it is pretty clear that her parents aren't up for that. It honestly wouldn't be safe for her to return anymore. And the team knows that too.

Update for S...she is 9 months old this week and is on the move. We can't keep up! She is into everything and has finally started to eat food. Yay! She now says mamma and dadda and it melts me. When she wants me, she starts to flap her arms and screeches. Best ever.

I just ask for strength right now. I wasn't really prepared for the long, drawn out waiting game. The court hold ups. The legal process. The hoops and the loops. Thank you.

Comments

Popular Posts