First Birthday
We are a week away from her very 1st birthday. I have every single emotion in the book. I don't even know where to begin.
First, I can only thank God for all His magnificent work in creating this baby, growing her in her mother's womb, protecting her tiny brain from very dangerous chemicals and a very dangerous life, and giving her to me to raise and love. From conception to 1 year, she has been through some things not even an adult can say they have walked. Only God can be glorified. He did it. John 16:33 is the first verse that comes to mind.
Second, I want to thank her bio mom for giving her life. Because, wow! Look at her life! Her amazing little story is far from over. Thank you. I am forever grateful for that potentially tiny decision you made...it wasn't tiny at all. It was bigger than big. I send you all my love. There is a spot in my heart for you and it grows bigger everyday. I pray for you continuously. And I pray one day, it will be different. I want to be in your life if you let me in. We love you.
Third, thank you to her Nanna. You allowed God to hand her over to me and fully trusting in His plan when all you wanted to do was breakdown and cry. You spent weeks in misery, missing your great daughter terribly. Not knowing. Only trusting. Only praying. And there are no words or anything we could ever do to thank you enough for your blessings, love, prayers, protection, advice, and for taking an entire family under your wing. There are only a few special people like you in this world...we should all be like Nanna. Your story is absolutely magnificent. "You've got this!!"
I also want to thank all of my family and friends, davids family, and our community for lifting us up. We felt and needed all your prayers. And, look, it's not over. We still have several more milestones to meet, an adoption on the horizon, and many more birthdays to love on this girl. She's our girl. And we love her so much.
12 Month Update:
She says all kinds of words now, momma, dada, juice, uh o, dog, cat, bottle, bite, yay, jump. She is standing on her own and crawling at the speed of light. She is very content, happy, loving, excited, grateful, and very social (as long as we are in her sight). She loves the bath, the outdoors, car rides, and playing in dirt. I don't think she has ever had a bad day. She smiles from the moment she wakes up until she lays down. My favorite time of the day is when she snuggles up to me right before naps or bedtime and smooches on my cheek. Her favorite person is probably dada. They cuddle, she wrestles him, and they take walks together.
We love you to the moon baby girl. Many more birthdays to come. God is NOT done with your story.
Comments
Post a Comment