Wow

 Wow. The emotional rollercoaster that is foster care. 

S's birth mom contacted me today and told me Happy Mother's Day and thanked me. I was blown away.

There has been so much goodness this weekend, and in the midst of all that beauty and light, I have a hole in my heart for her. Regardless of anything she has done, she still chose life and gave birth to a beautiful daughter. She deserves the credit and the honor for that alone. Most people judge her. Most people shame her. Most people say she's out of her mind and lost. But I see still see my child's mother through it all...someone with enough integrity to realize God made her and God made her daughter. The magnitude of all that is NOT lost on me. I love her and I want her to know that. One day, I pray to be able to tell her myself how much she is loved.

Thank you, Lord, for choosing ME to mother these 5 beautiful babies. I pray SO hard that I am glorifying you through my parenting choices. Help me continue to do this. Amen.


Comments

Popular Posts