Don't get me started...
Don't even get me started. The system is failing our kids on every front. We have had absolutely no movement in our case since our June court date due to an attorney who has been MIA for unknown reasons. Almost all of the cases have been suspended or post poned and we are going nowhere. My question is, "they only have one attorney?" Hundreds of kids in our county waiting for answers, permanency, visitation requests, reunification, ETC are just in the waiting. And that includes us.
We have nothing. No updates. No idea when the attorney will be available again for our termination hearing. Or even when the termination hearing will LIKELY HAPPEN.
The good news is that there have been no appeals and we are set for adoption. We just have to have termination first. And termination requires an attorney, a prompt legal team, a judge, and a date. Everything is ready for that hearing. It just needs the people PRESENT.
Don't even get me started. I am just as furious as any of the other foster parents or biological parents waiting for answers. We are all waiting for the system to treat us like people and not just a case number on a page, sitting in a file underneath hundreds of others. Sitting on a desk in a dark room with no one even entertaining the idea of getting things done.
We were told we would have a termination hearing in July. It was supposed to be 30 days after we sat in court in June. Then, we were told August. Well folks, it's now September and I'm being told "hopefully by Christmas." Is this even real life?
Please pray for us during this time of waiting. And not just waiting. But we are not getting any updates. I was told this..."your foster daughter is a very low priority for us right now since we are so backed up. She has no major health issues, she has no parental contact, no visitations, no appeals, and she is living with her forever adoptive parents in a happy and healthy environment. We are using our limited resources on cases that need our urgent attention."
I will not grumble. I will not grumble. I will not grumble.
🤐
Comments
Post a Comment